XXXX Queensland Residents named
Ten Intrust Super Cup clubs will provide one or more representatives to the XXXX Queensland Residents team to play New South Wales next Sunday.
The annual representative clash will be played before Game Two of the Holden State of Origin series at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium.
Northern Pride, Wynnum Manly, Souths Logan, Burleigh, Easts and Redcliffe will be represented by multiple players, while Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Townsville and Norths all have one representative in the 18-man line-up.
Queensland coach Jon Buchanan said state selectors were faced with a difficult task.
“The quality of the Intrust Super Cup has gone to another level,” Buchanan said.
“We’re healthy in every position which made it extremely tough to pick a team. There were a number of other players who also deserved an opportunity, but unfortunately for them, we can only pick 18.”
Some familiar faces return from last year’s team, with Jonus Pearson, Billy Walters, Sam Anderson, Mitchell Cronin, Nathaniel Neale, Blake Leary and Lachlan Timm all set to back up in maroon colours.
The XXXX Queensland Residents produced a clinical performance last year under Buchanan, whose team ran out 36-6 winners over the NSW Intrust Super Cup Premiership Residents.
XXXX Queensland Residents
1. Scott Drinkwater (Easts Tigers)
2. Jonus Pearson (Redcliffe Dolphins)
3. Marion Seve (Souths Logan Magpies)
4. Gehamat Shibasaki (Norths Devils)
5. Kalifa Faifai-Loa (Townsville Districts Blackhawks)
6. Billy Walters (Easts Tigers)
7. Jamal Fogarty (Burleigh Bears)
8. Nathaniel Neale (Ipswich Jets)
9. Patrick Politoni (Burleigh Bears)
10. Sam Anderson (Redcliffe Dolphins)
11. Patrick Kaufusi (Easts Tigers)
12. Blake Leary (Burleigh Bears)
13. Patrick Mago (Souths Logan Magpies)
14. Mitchell Cronin (Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
15. Patrick Carrigan (Wynnum Manly Seagulls)
16. Lachlan Timm (Sunshine Coast Falcons)
17. William Bugden (Northern Pride)
18. Jake Clifford (Northern Pride)
Coach: Jon Buchanan